- To unite the African Diaspora in the Americas with Africans in the Continent.
- To promote African culture among African Diaspora and non-African communities.
- To foster relationships between African Diaspora and other communities in the State of Illinois.
- To create an education environment to enhance knowledge and understanding about Africa and the African Diaspora.
- To promote programs and projects to enhance the economic empowerment and financial independence of African Diaspora and Africans in the Continent.
- To support philanthropic organizations for the benefit of the African society.
- To cooperate with the United States government, Illinois State government, and non-government, business and industry, and academic institutions for the improvement of quality of life of the African Diaspora and Africans in the Continent.
“We must unite now or perish… We must recognise that our economic independence
resides in our African union and requires the same concentration upon the political achievement.”
– First President and Prime Minister of Ghana,
Kwame Nkrumah in his address at the founding of the OAU, Addis Ababa, 1963.